Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"It's beginning to feel a lot like Michigan..."



Well, it seems that our luck with the weather has run out. We had a beautiful fall here in Michigan...everyone told me that it was abnormally warm and to enjoy it while it lasted. Well, we did, and it lasted until yesterday when the temperature reached a whopping 39 degrees. Add some rain to that and zero sunshine, and we've finally hit the Michigan weather. But it did provide the perfect opportunity to make a big pot of homemade soup! So, I'm hanging in there and looking at the bright side.

Ethan is, too...after all, it gives him the chance to go to the mall playground more often (see photo)! He also decided to try on his dad's Michigan hat the other day, proving that he is indeed making the adjustment and is becoming a true "Michigander".

We really are enjoying it here, in spite of the new weather. I (Emily) love being on the volleyball team and have started making some great friends. There are a lot of wonderful people here! Matt continues to enjoy youth ministry, and I think I can speak for him and say that it's a constant stretching and growing experience!
For those of you who don't know, I have also been given the opportunity to lead a youth trip to Germany next summer!!! I obviously accepted the offer, and I'm sure I'll start the 'countdown' pretty soon.

So, all in all, life is good and God is better. He has truly provided all we have needed and more!

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt, Michelle, Will, Abigail, and Caroline said...

Glad to know things are well there. Ethan is growing up for sure! Hang in there as far as the weather goes. I know tanning beds are horrible, but they helped me survive Indiana!

Wed Nov 07, 10:34:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great surprise! I go to all my kids' blogs every day ...just in case. Ethan just seems to be enjoying life in every picture!

As for the weather, there's little to be done about that. But a good supply of homemade soup surely helps.

We miss you guys so much. People here ask about you all the time, wanting to know how you're doing, etc. I assure them that you are where God would have you be, doing what He has for you to do. (And inside I'm thinking that hopefully one day He will lead you back here . . . but that's up to Him, isn't it?)

Ethan, give your mom and dad a hug from me.

Love,
NANA

Wed Nov 07, 02:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Pastor Josh said...

Miller's, Where are you?! How did you arrive in Michigan?
It's so good to hear that you are making most of the weather and the opportunities with the youth. By the way, Ethan is a cutie!
-Laura

Sun Nov 11, 07:42:00 PM

 
Blogger Jules said...

Awwww, I wish you lived here and we could go to a mutual mall playground again! Miss you!

Tue Apr 01, 05:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home